WELL Building Standard Contributions
The WELL Building Standard™ is the first standard to integrate human health and wellness into the design, construction, maintenance and operations of buildings. WELL is administered by the International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI), a public benefit corporation whose mission is to improve human health and wellbeing through the built environment.
Learn more at www.wellcertified.com
A Product Environmental Data Sheet is available for each product line that will provide the details on how each product can contribute to your WELL project.
The following WELL V1 features are supported by Gunlocke Furniture:
WELL Building Standard® (V1) Contributions
- Air 4 – VOC Reduction, Part 5: Furniture & Furnishings (contributions based on SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certified products)
- Air 25 - Toxic Material Reduction (contributions based on customer choice of PFC-free / stain resistant free upholstery options, flame retardant free upholstery options, PVC-free upholstery and product offerings)
- Fitness 71 – Active Furnishings; and Comfort: 73 – Ergonomics: Visual & Physical (contributions based on height adjustable configurations)
- Mind 87 & 99– Beauty & Design, I and II (contributions based on Gunlocke’s ability to assist design teams in integrating the beauty of our furniture and upholstery into their functional spaces).
- Mind 88 Biophilia I Qualitative (contributions on incorporating nature’s patterns and environmental elements like natural veneer or cork upholstery fabric).
- Mind 97 – Material Transparency (contributions based on ANSI /BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard, compliance through material ingredient credit 220.127.116.11