LEED, or Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, is transforming the way we think about how our buildings and communities are designed, constructed, maintained and operated across the globe. Comprehensive and flexible, LEED is a green building tool that addresses the entire building lifecycle recognizing best-in-class building strategies.
At its core, LEED is a program that provides third-party verification of green buildings. Building projects satisfy prerequisites and earn points to achieve different levels of certification. Prerequisites and credits differ for each rating system, and teams choose the best fit for the project. Learn more about LEED, the facts, and the LEED rating systems.
A Product Environmental Data Sheet is available for each product line that will provide the details on how each product can contribute to your LEED project.
The following LEED V4 credits are supported by Gunlocke Furniture:
LEED® V4 Contributions
- MR Credit: Interior life cycle impact reduction -- Option 2 Furniture Reuse (contribution based on long lasting and durable product offerings).
- MR Credit: Building product disclosure and optimization: Sourcing of raw materials – Option 2 (contributions based on FSC® certified products (Lic. FSC-C014704), recycled content and regional materials).
- MR Credit: construction and demolition waste management (contribution based on innovative packaging and diversion of packaging waste).
- MR Credit: Building product disclosure and optimization: Material Ingredients: Option 1 Reporting (contributions based on achievement of 3 points under the BIFMA e3-2014e credit 220.127.116.11)
- MR Credit: Building product disclosure and optimization – Environmental Product Declarations: Option 1 Product-specific Type III EPD – Products with third-party certifications (Type III)
- IEQ credit: low emitting materials (contribution based on SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certified products).
- Inclusion of user controlled LED task lighting and occupancy sensor products in furniture installations can contribute to reducing ambient light requirements and energy load. These contributions may be applicable to Energy & Atmosphere credits.
LEED® V4 Pilot Credits
- LEED Pilot Credit 112 – Certified Multi-Attribute Products and Materials (contribution based on level 2 certified furniture)
- LEED pilot credit for social equity within the supply chain. Gunlocke’s level® 2-certified products meet the credit intent through certification under the ANSI/BIFMA e3-2014e Furniture Sustainability standard and achievement of the required sections for each option (Section 18.104.22.168 & 22.214.171.124, options 1 and 2 respectively)